Running of the Bulls 8K
JUNE 5, 2021 @ 7:15am
JOIN US IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL FOR THE 13TH RUNNING OF DURHAM’S PREMIERE COMMUNITY ROAD RACE!
This scenic course will wind through the historic and revitalized neighborhoods of downtown Durham, American Tobacco Campus, Trinity Park and Old North Durham neighborhoods, and finish with a lap of the warning track inside the historic Old Durham Athletic Park!
Not planning to run? Please sign up to volunteer!
Complete race details will be posted here shortly!
If you choose to run in-person, we can promise you a safe, distanced, and comfortable event!
We will comply with all current Executive Orders and COVID-19 protocols that are in effect on June 5, 2021 including wave starts, COVID-19 screening, and face mask requirements before and after running.
If you choose to participate virtually, there are benefits:
- You can run whenever you want! You can watch the weather and run on a cooler, less humid day, go out before 7:15am, or wait until later in the day when you’ve had your coffee and taken…care of business.
- You can plan a route that doesn’t involve going up the hills on Trinity and Washington! But here’s a pedestrian-friendly Running of the Bulls course if you want something close to the original.
- You can participate if you don’t live in Durham! Tell your friends and family from all over the country that anyone can run the Running of the Bulls 8k and earn that coveted cowbell!
Pre-Race Packet Pickup:
- When: Friday, June 4th from 12pm-6:00pm
- Where: Bull City Running Co. – Downtown
Race Day Packet Pickup:
- When: Saturday, June 5th from 5:30am-7:00am
- Where: START area (corner of Foster St. and Seminary Ave.)
Course map will be updated shortly!
Running virtually? Run wherever you like! Here’s a pedestrian-friendly Running of the Bulls course if you want something close to the original course.