Anything is Popsicle LocoPops Challenge
Join us for the Anything is Popsicle LocoPops Challenge!
It’s hot out there, folks, but we know just the way to cool you down: with a treat from LocoPops!
Here’s the deal:
When: Thursday, August 13th, Friday, August 14th, and Saturday, August 15th anytime from 4:00-6:45pm.
How it works:
- Please RSVP here by Wednesday, August 12th. The form will ask you what day/time you are planning to complete the challenge (but if you end up doing it another time, that’s okay).
- Upon arrival at BCRC-Downtown, we ask that you sign in with us to receive a card to redeem for your free LocoPop and record your start time. (You don’t have to eat your pop in the middle of your run/walk; you can redeem it any time August 13-15.)
- Run this route to LocoPops (2.18 miles): Washington to Trinity, north on the Ellerbe Creek Trail, left on Markham, continue on Markham/Hillsborough Rd to LocoPops (the blue house on the right side of the street between 15th St. and Trent Dr.).
- At LocoPops, you can take a break and eat your free pop or simply use their location as a turnaround point. Please wear a mask when you go inside to redeem your card for a pop.
- Run back to BCRC-Downtown and record your finish time on the timesheet. We ask all participants to be back to BCRC by 6:45pm in order to have their finish time recorded and be entered into our raffle!
After the event, all participants will be entered into a drawing for a LocoPops gift card and a Bull City Running Co. gift card!
BONUS: During the event, snap a picture and share it with us via Instagram by tagging @bullcityrunning, @locopopsdurham, and #anythingispopsicle. Doing so will earn you a BONUS entry into our raffle! (Note: If your account is set to private, we can’t see your photos unless we’re following you. If you need a follow, just send us a DM and we’ll make it happen!)
Note: This challenge is spread out over three days to limit group size. Please no groups (outside of your immediate family) larger than 5. If more than 5 people show up to start the challenge at the same time we will stagger the groups. Please be respectful of others on the trail and sidewalk, abiding by the 6ft rule of social distancing.
When & Where
Please RSVP here by Wednesday, August 12th. The form will ask you what day/time you are planning to complete the challenge (but if you end up doing it another time, that’s okay).
Results & Photos
The Fine Print
We offer our Fun Runs as an opportunity to get the running community together for some fresh air, friendship, and to encourage your training. All ages, paces, and abilities are welcome. These are not sanctioned events and they are not “supported” at the same level as a “typical” road race – i.e. watch for traffic! But, they are free and we hope you’ll have fun! Thanks for your participation!